Friday, July 23, 2021

WHEN WE DON'T LEARN MORE BECAUSE WE THINK WE KNOW TOO ENOUGH. By Dr Josimar Salum


WHEN WE DON'T LEARN MORE BECAUSE WE THINK WE KNOW TOO ENOUGH. By Dr Josimar Salum


The Lord awakened me this morning to something very serious and important in our lives.


God sets before us people who are His Voice. But as time goes by, we “mature” and purposefully silence this Voice of God.


“Said person does not always speak correctly! By what right does he or she speak like this to me? I'm not a child anymore!"


This happens first with our parents.


“They no longer talk within reason, they no longer know as much as they knew, they have become obsolete and inadequate. Today we know more!”


In addition to parents are friends and our parents in faith. Those who discipled us lost the right to correct us, because we are already enough. We don't learn anymore because we don't need to. We become masters and judges.


 “By what right can they continue to correct me?”


The apostle Paul scoffed at the Corinthians on this: “Already you have all you want! Already you have become rich! You have begun to reign—and that without us! How I wish that you really had begun to reign so that we also might reign with you! For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like those condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to human beings." 1 Corinthians 4:8‭-‬9 


In fact, we feel humiliated and ashamed when we are corrected in front of others. A sense of irritation takes over because of our feeling of inferiority. Both this and the feeling of superiority is in fact a great spiritual imbalance of the sin of pride.


When I stop listening to my brothers and sisters who correct me to justify my ability, I may have already erased the Holy Spirit in my life.


Don't grieve the Holy Spirit. Don't resist the Holy Spirit. Don't quench the Holy Spirit.


The path between saddening and quenching may be shorter than we think.


May we clothe ourselves with humility without which we can never truly learn and not be transformed in a religious world of so many myths, false teachings and traditions that try to invalidate the Word of God.


#ASONE

No comments:

Post a Comment