Monday, August 21, 2017

Explaining what it meant to walk with God by Dr Paul Taylor

I had a dream last night!  In my dream I was explaining what it meant to walk with God.  I hope I can explain it now as well as I did in my dream.  Ha!

Let me begin with the scripture that I left you with last newsletter.  This is Romans 12:1,2 The Message Translation

"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you. Take your everyday, ordinary life - your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life - and place it before God as an offering.  Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.  Instead, fix your attention on God.  You'll be changed from the inside out.  Readily recognize what He wants from you, and quickly respond to it.  Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you."

When we think of giving our lives to Christ, we often think of how can I serve Him through the church.  We are missing the message!  Walking with God is about LIFE!  Your ordinary sleeping, eating, going-to-work and walking around life!  That is the offering God wants from each of us.  Not a Sunday morning sacrifice!  He wants your life because He created you for a purpose! He died on the cross to redeem that purpose for His Kingdom and for your enjoyment.  That is right, your enjoyment.  Walking with God is the greatest adventure and joy in the world!

Here is the difference - you think completely different than your culture has programmed the majority of people.  You begin to see with the eyes and heart of your Father!  You begin to see possibilities!  You see what others can't see because you see from a totally different perspective!  Your attitude is different.  You don't have to stress, all you have to do is keep walking with God!  That is it!

This is the important misunderstanding with most Christians.  Most Christians think God is going to do, whatever they are praying and hoping for Him to do! Guess what?  He has already done it!!!  He is waiting for you to step out in faith and believe that together you and HIM can do anything.  Stop waiting for God to do something and you do what you can do!

Some of you may remember a message that I have shared previously.  God spoke to me a few years back and told me that I did not have to do what I could not do.  All I had to do was what I could do!  When I do what I can do, then I enable other people and God to do what He and they can do!  You don't have to do it all!  Just what you can do!  God has other people waiting to do what they can do, BUT they need you to do what you can do!

This is so true when it comes to OUFA!  To a nursing school!  To Solution Centers and a host of other things that God has placed in my heart, as well as others. I don't have to do it all!  All I have to do is walk with God and do what I can do!  That is it!  So that is what I am trying to do.  I don't know how, when, where, or why! All I am doing is walking with God and doing what I am able to do!  

Maybe you have been waiting to do something? Maybe it is time for you to step up and do something?  I don't know, but what I do know is that walking with God is no longer a stressful walk!  It is no longer an obligation or duty.  It is LIFE!  My ordinary life, but with God - wow!!! He is the master at taking the ordinary and making it extraordinary!!!!

It is quite simple.  Keep walking.  Do what you can do! Believe for the rest!  That is what I am doing!

Believing for the impossible,

Dr. Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment